Sunday 13 November 2011

Blog Identity Crisis!!!


Hi everyone :)

So, because I really want this blog to do well - not that I'm aiming to get lots of followers or anything like that, but just be pleasant for the people who do read it - I read a lot of articles and blogs on 'How to write a good blog'. The first thing that most of them would say is "Find a niche, something that hasn't been written about before, and write about that". I got this stuck in my head, and have been worrying an awful lot.

Then, I figured, you know what, I write this blog for myself mainly, and if people want to read it that's amazing, and I really appreciate it, but I just want to write about what I fancy writing about!


I am not, by any stretch of the imagination, a wizz on make-up, I have a small collection, and probably look like either a drag queen or clown most of the time, but I thoroughly love reading about make-up, using it, and talking about it. So I figured... I'm going to write about make-up!



But then I thought... But I LOVE fashion, and my fashion posts have got down well extremely well. I'm a bigger girl, so I like writing about something a bit different, and exploring fashion for the non-stick insects. So you know what else I figured... I'm going to write about fashion too!



Oh but then I thought... my blog is called 'Diary of a Fat Girl', and I love eating (hence me being fat) and I LOVE food, cooking it and eating it. I love reading about food, and watching videos and reading blogs on how to bake... So I finally figured, I'm going to write about food too!

So I realise, that although these people advise me to write a blog about one specific subject, I don't really want to. I enjoy far too many things in life to focus on just one thing. I know a lot of people don't want to hear about my meal with my boyfriend, but I LOVE writing about it, and I would much rather write about something I love than something I may possibly know little about and have little enthusiasm for!

I may also even veer off of those 3 topics too! Maybe to talk about some of these things...
Books...
TV programmes...
Dreams...


Things that make me laugh...
Dogs...
Things I believe in...

And so much more. So if you enjoy reading my blog, please carry on, and maybe even subscribe (it would make my day...).

Lots of Love,
Fat Girl 
xox
P.S. All picture are from We heart it <3 which I have a post about here :)

1 comment:

  1. I dont think any of the websites about 'how to make your blog sucsessful' are any use. Everyone has a different opinion as to what makes a blog sucsessful! Just write about waht you like!
    http://oliviadollydaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete