Monday 5 September 2011

Fall clean out! And food diary :)

Hi everyone!
So today I have travelled back up to my house at my University, as my boyfriend has just got a job here, so it was nice to come and see him, and come and live back in my house for a while! Although I love my parents to bits, and enjoy all my home comforts, I really enjoy having the independence up here (although I HATE having to do all the chores!!).
Anyway, even though I came back last night, we ended up just crawling in to bed and catching up on lots of TV (X-Factor, Red or Black and The Jonathan Ross Show, anybody else watch them?) so I had all my unpacking and tidying up to do today! Seeing as I was in the mood to sort all my things out (and I brought an awful lot of things back!) I decided to clear out all of our wardrobe and sets of drawers that we have. I began with the wardrobe, and I decided to get mean. As you all know, I'm a larger girl trying to lose weight, so keeping hold of clothes that don't fit me anymore (unfortunately none that are too big .... YET) and those that just don't suit my body type seemed pretty pointless, no matter how much I loved them! I got rid of a few items of clothing that I bought, that were in trend, and fit, but just did not suit me. I also got rid of a lot of the boyfriend's t-shirts that he doesn't wear, I think he has more clothes than me!!
Although I'm now 2 large plastic bags of clothes down, I feel so much better and almost like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, as everything in my wardrobe I know fits me and I will feel confident in, so there's no kidding myself anymore!
I even arranged my whole wardrobe properly. OK so it doesn't quite look like the picture, but that's the sort of style I've gone for! It's only small and has to fit both of our clothes in, so it's quite jam-packed, but I started off with, from left to middle (my section is on the left hand side of the wardrobe):
My maxi dress (just as it is long it doesn't get caught on anything), then all my jackets, jumpers and hoodies, going from dark to light, then my dresses, going from dark to light, then my tops and t-shirts, going from dark to light, and then my skirt (notice the singular there!).
I also did my boyfriend's section of the wardrobe (what a nice girlfriend ;) And I know it's never going to stay like this, but I feel better knowing that I did it!!). From the right hand side of the wardrobe going in to the middle is his jackets, from dark to light, any suit pants, from dark to light, his shirts, from dark to light, his t-shirts, from dark to light and then his suit. I probably should have put his suit on the outside, but it's hanging in a suit protective case type thing, and I figure it's a good way of marking the middle of the wardrobe, where my stuff ends and his begins!

So I definitely feel better for doing that. I also figure I would post about the food I have eaten today:
Breakfast: OK, so I got up at 11.30am. I know that seems so lazy, but I only got 5 hours of sleep the night before, so I figured it would be best to catch up on my sleep and not be grumpy, while I had nothing specific on! I didn't get chance to have any breakfast, but I had a glass of Robinson's Summer Fruits No Added Sugar Squash.





Lunch: The joys of the University lifestyle means that you don't have much money, not many cupboards or fridge space (I share a house with 4 other people!) and irregular eating patterns, so it is a HUGE challenge to eat healthily. I ate a packet of Barbecued Beef Super Noodles (with extra herbs and mild chili powder for some more taste) and 3 jaffa cakes, along with some more Summer Fruits Squash.






Tea: One of our favourite foods is tuna, so when my boyfriend asked for a tuna pasta bake for tea, I was more than willing to cook it, as it is yummy and healthy :) I got a Coleman's packet, and what you had to do was cook the pasta, drain it, then pour the spices from the packet in a saucepan, and gradually add 3/4 pint of milk to it, stirring continuously, wait for it to boil, then add the drained tuna and sweetcorn, then mix in the pasta. Then you put it in a dish, and sprinkle some (half fat!) cheese on top, and (strangely enough) a packet of ready salted crisps, and put it under the grill until golden brown. The other's thought I was mad for doing it, but the crisps gave that extra crunch, and meant you didn't have to add much salt!  Anyway, with that I had more cordial and another jaffa cake.

As you can see, I don't try and kid myself thinking I can eat lettuce leaves all the time, but I really do try and make healthy decisions. I most definitely had a smaller portion than the two boys that ate with me (they can eat SO much!) and I really tried to curb my snacking.
As I am not going home until Friday, I shall be doing my weigh-in on Saturday ( I have to do it in the morning as it is not consistent!). Does anyone have any good pasta recipes they can share? Or any tips for clearing out their closet?
Hope you are all keeping well!
Lots of Love,
Fat Girl
xox

P.S. Closet Picture.
Super Noodles Picture.
Squash Picture.
Pasta Bake Picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment