Friday 4 November 2011

Romantic Dinner at Frankie and Bennys


Hi everyone!

Yesterday was a Thursday, and because me and my boyfriend (Kane) are so busy all the time (mainly he's busy, and I've got lots of work to do) we decided that Thursday would be our 'date' night. It's sad that we've had the carve a time out of the week for us, but we both know that if we don't, we never spend proper time together. Although we live together, we're almost like two passing ships. I'm at school on Mondays, and he's out playing poker on a Monday night and I'm at Zumba (or starting next week anyway!), we're both at lectures on Tuesdays, and he's at pool practice at night, he's at work on a Wednesday then pool games at night, then Thursday is our day :) And on Friday he's at work, and then I have to go home and work on the weekends, and he works here in Lancaster :( So we found it was really important to do this for us! 

We decided to go to Frankie and Bennies, and I'm pretty sure they have these all over the country. They're an italian, and the food is always amazing! We also love the ambience in there, the music is fabulous and the service is great. Now, being on Slimming World, it's torture going out to eat, because I'm definitely like a kid in a candy shop when I see the menu. My boyfriend is a really good help though, and knuckles down on me, knowing I'll be heartbroken if I put weight on at a meeting.

It was two courses for £10.95, so we decided to have that! For starters he had the white onion and Magners soup (sounds gross, I know, but was delicious!), and I had the 'Southern blue mushrooms' which were described as: "Two flat mushrooms filled with mozzarella, garlic and breadcrumbs, oven baked and served with fresh rocket, Italian hard cheese and balsamic glaze." AMAZING right?! 

 My boyfriend eating his soup!!
 
 Me eating my mushrooms!
Oops! I was meant to take a photo for you, but they were gone before I could even turn my camera on ;)

Then, for main course, Kane had a Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza (Yes started off sounding healthy, but it was on a pizza ;) haha) which they described like thisOur delicious tomato base with mozzarella cheese and grilled chicken breast pieces topped with a fresh Caesar salad and Italian hard cheese. I had the New Yorker Pasta, and it was described like this: Chicken breast, chilli and penne tossed in our pepper cheese sauce topped with crispy bacon. That definitely does not do it justice, it was beautiful! It had jalapenos in though, so if your not in to spicy pasta, I would stay away!

 Kane's Caesar pizza! Yummy.
My AMAZING pasta! Soooooo good.

I definitely found it difficult to not have a pudding (an extra for only £1.95! How cheap is that!!) but I was desperate for these sticky toffee pancakes: Vanilla ice cream and chocolate covered honeycomb pieces sandwiched between two warm pancakes, drizzled with warm sticky toffee fudge sauce and sprinkled with toffee crumb. My mouth is watering just at the thought of it!!

I definitely had to keep reminding myself of those weighing scales on Monday, and I definitely went over my Syns for that day, but it was so nice to be out and being treated to a beautiful meal with a beautiful man! I've woken up today and really had to kick myself back in to gear, I'm not going to lose a stone by Christmas if I keep eating food like this! So today I've had a jacket potato, with 42g of half fat cheese, a tin of baked beans, a tablespoon of clover light, a dollop of reduced fat and salt tomato ketchup which has only equated to 3 1/2 syns, and I'm planning on having pasta with spinach and tomato for tea, yummmmyyy!

I just need to keep motivated, so any comments would be much appreciated! And if you know any friends who would like to read my blog, please spread the word, because I would love some new subscribers (although I'd carry on writing it for you guys anyway!).

Lots of Love,
Chin up,
Fat Girl 
xox 
P.S. Remember this....

2 comments:

  1. Hi :) Aw thank you!! I will go check out your blog now! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your amazing blog. I finished this right now and thinking that it is the perfect recipe details that I was looking for .
    Romantic dinner recipes

    ReplyDelete