Wednesday 7 September 2011

Book Worm ~~~

After the positive comments about my last Book Worm, I figured I would definitely keep going with the series!

I actually wasn't feeling too well yesterday, so I spent the whole day reading 'The Chocolate Lover's Diet' by Carole Matthews, and finished it!
 
A tempting 8/10.
When I said about the four characters might get me confused, Matthews works really well at not confusing the reader, and not once did I get confused! I also really enjoyed reading about the four girl's stories, and although it did split itself in to chapters about each girl, the story was mainly about the character 'Lucy Lombard', and whenever it was her chapters is came from the 1st person, whereas all the other girls are in the 3rd person, so you do feel a closer connection to Lucy. The story is about four girls who belong to 'The Chocolate Lover's Club', and follows their stories. Lucy is a hopeless romantic, and it is all about her journey between her ex-fiance Marcus, and her boss Aidan 'Crush' Holby. Autumn's story is about her new boyfriend 'Addison', her job in a drug centre, and her brother 'Richard' and his struggle with drugs himself. Chantal's story is with her, her husband Ted, and her various lovers. Finally, Nadia's story includes her son, Lewis, and her husband, Toby, who is addicted to gambling online. You can't help but fall in love with these four character's, and especially as a chocolate lover myself, I related when they had troubles, the first thing they reached for was chocolate, and their friendships! Although, it did make me strongly crave chocolate!!

I also forgot (oops!) to add another book to my first Book Worm, not through any fault of the book's, as I thoroughly enjoyed it, but just through the sheer amount of books I had! The book is called 'Sweet Temptation' by Lucy Diamond.
An invigorating 8/10.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book (as I said before) and cannot believe I left it out of my first Book Worm! When I was talking about the fact that I like to follow just the singular character more than a few characters, this book definitely re-writes that idea. You follow the lives of three women who end up going to Fat Busters Club, and join forces in trying to lose weight. The first girl, Maddie, works at a Radio Station, and her bitchy, skinny boss ends up persuading/forcing her to fat busters, live on the radio! Jess is in a down and out relationship, although she is clinging on with every hope. She's desperate to get married and cannot see where her relationship is failing. She is a beautician, and her nasty boss also influences her to go to Fat Buster's. Last but not least is Lauren, who runs a dating website but is finding it difficult to find love herself! She falls for one of her clients, but finds that maybe looks aren't everything. I definitely recommend this book, but just be aware that the the books switches and changes through the characters, and it took me a while to realise that at first, and I got quite confused! It was another book, along with 'Mum On The Run' (reviewed here.) by Fiona Gibson, that inspired me to lose weight and begin running!

Anyway, I really hope you enjoy this Book Worm, and get to read some of these books! Let me know if you've read them or if you have any other similar books that I could read!
Lots of Love,
Fat Girl
xox

P.S. The Chocolate Lover's Diet
Sweet Temptation.

No comments:

Post a Comment