Sunday 21 August 2011

First day of the rest of my life...

So... as anyone who has ever dieted before (and I definitely come in this category) this phrase is used practically every Monday, after a weekend of binging and then preparing ones self to start their new 'diet'...

Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life.

Of course I have to wait until tomorrow as it's Monday and thats only logical...
I am 21 years old, and I currently weigh 17 stone 10 pounds. And that is the heaviest I have ever weighed. In my entire life. 
So... your wondering, what made me decide that it was time to change my life forever? Well, a few things finally got the ball moving really... 

1) I went to the nurse and she said that I'd have to have a higher dosage of medicine because of my size. Now that really did scare me. To have to have MORE medication because of my size... Now, what if I was in an accident and they only brought the right dosage for a normal person to revive me and that wasn't enough? Like I said, scary.

2) My family are coming up to Blackpool on the bank holiday, and we are all going to Blackpool Pleasure Beach. I am having to seriously consider going on the website to look at their weight restrictions. I say seriously consider because I can't decide whether I'd rather miss out on the rides and just walk around but not have to face the embarrassment of knowing I am too heavy to go on the rides, OR go on the website and find out I am too heavy and cry. AND still miss out on the rides OR don't look at the website, claim ignorance, get an all day pass, sit down on a ride and find out the stupid thing won't go over my stomach. OK so that last one really isn't an option but... It's so difficult.

3) When my boyfriend says he needs me to lose weight for health reasons. OK so I know it is nice to have a boyfriend say he loves you just the way you are and all that jazz, which he does, but when he says he needs me to lose weight for health reasons, that's quite scary. To be perfectly honest I'd rather him tell me he wants me to lose weight because I don't look as good, because at least then it's not life threatening! (He might get beat up though). 

5) When you read a book about a 'fat' girl who really wants to lose weight and feels disgusting... And they weigh a considerable amount less than you. I read a book recently where the 'fat' girl on show was a size 16. I would KILL to be a size 16.

4)When you are the largest person you know of all your friends... Even those who USED to be fat, much much bigger than you, but now they have lost weight and are skinny. If everyone else can do it, why can't I?

So... Today is the beginning of a new me. As I said before, I weigh 17 stones 10 pounds and I am going to be blogging about my experience and adventure (ha, I call it that so it doesn't sound so scary) and if I actually manage to lose any weight.

And it all starts from tomorrow.... Just after I've eaten this last chocolate ;)

Fat Girl
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment