Wednesday 31 August 2011

Fall Fashion No 1

So I thought I would do some fall fashion ideas for the larger lady, as many of the trends are set for skinny girls (pfft...) and it is difficult to be large and trendy a lot of the time! So I know the colours crimson and mustard are in this fall, so I'll try and incorporate these colours in to my ideas, also the jewel themed colours.

My first outfit is based on the earthy colours that always remind me of fall. This outfit is perfect for college or university, or for after school or on the weekend when your going shopping or meeting up with some friends:
This top is £15 from River Island. It keeps in with some of the summer trends, such as collars and sheer blouses. If you find high necklines are difficult for you (as many do with a large bust) a top like this works just as well, as it has a lower neckline:
This one is more expensive at £29.99 from H&M but has long sleeves, and is extremely versatile.

The next bit of the outfit is the scarf, I love scarves in fall and winter, I love the added accessory that also keeps you warm! I love this one from H&M:
It's only £7.99 and its lovely and chunky which balances out the femininity of the blouse.

Next is the cardigan. I really want a chunky cardigan this fall, they're sort of timeless classics that you will end up wearing practically every day! I really like this almost pink one from River Island:

This is a mix of both the feminine and chunky style, tying together the scarf and blouse well. Also, having a long cardigan over a shorter blouse always makes me feel happy, as I know my (big) bum is covered, and I don't have to worry about jeans sliding down accidentally, and I can wrap it round me when freezing cold, even at my large size! I would suggest maybe getting a cardigan like this in a size or 2 bigger so it really catches that 'boyfriend' cardigan trend.

I would definitely team this with a nice pair of jeans, some bigger people can still get away with skinny style jeans, as long as they fit correctly, and these are gorgeous :
They're from Matalan at an extremely reasonable £20. If you can't pull of the skinny jeans style, like myself, these boot cut jeans are perfect, and definitely in trend for this fall:

These are also from Matalan, at an even more reasonable £10! I love my Matalan jeans :)

Finally, for the shoes I've picked these from River Island. They tie in the crimson trend for this fall, and the increasing brogue trend:
They give a gorgeous pop of colour to the outfit and show that, even though the outfit is of earthy colours, that you are still in with current trends.

The next outfit I'm going to show you the pictures of altogether.

This outfit I love because it's something completely different! The mustard dress is from River Island, coming in at £45, which is quite steep, but it is so versatile, can run in to winter and is the perfect colour! It also will look fabulous on any person who is of the larger variety, as it pinches you in at the waist and flows out over the hips and stomach! The tights are also from River Island, coming in at £9. These are also extremely versatile. The shoes are, again, from River Island, and are leather Chelsea Boots. The short booties are completely in this season, and these are made out of real leather, with a cute buckle. They are priced at £65. And last but not least was this gorgeous scarf I had to fit in. Some people might leave this out and opt for a gold necklace and some gold accessories instead, but I thought it was so quirky and different! It's £25, and also from River Island. I always find a scarf breaks up the body, instead of having solid body in an outfit on show, the scarf breaks it up in to smaller sections. 

This next outfit is for going out, for maybe a night out on the town, or for a nice meal with your friends, or a date!

The dress is from ASOS Curve range, which is specifically for sizes 20 up to size 26. I like that it is nice and floaty, but still with some detail to make the dress almost fitted, and costs £30. The tights are from River Island at £10, and they were extremely in last season, and I definitely see them making a comeback in the fall. I like how they look like socks, but have that extra detail, and are tights so will keep you warm on a night out. The shoes are beautiful from Linzi shoes (I'll link all the websites later) and, although they look high, the wedge at the front evens the shoe out. I love ankle boots, and with tights they look more acceptable on larger girls, and they don't cut you off at the wrong part of your leg. They cost £30. I've then added a vintage looking ring, necklace and bracelet from the Bohm Bohm Vintage Vixen Collection from Treasure Box online. The ring costs £17.50, the necklace costs £32.50 and the disk bracelet costs £30.

Anyway, I hope you have enjoyed todays fall fashions post! If there are any tips to help me, or any comments on whether you like or dislike the outfits! I'm going to start posting food diaries from my days also to give you a view of what I'm eating. 
Lots of Love,
Fat Girl
xox
P.S. These are the websites:

2 comments:

  1. I think that it is absolutely wonderful that you are so open about your weight! I'm going through the same situation you are.What i find that helps is cut out everything uneccisary like cereal and stuff like that. It's also nice to see someone who also loves fashion! Do you know the website Torrid.com? It's a great plus-size fashion website!

    fashionthespianlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much :) I've really been trying to cut down on all the unnecessary, e.g. snacks and full fat drinks. I'm a sucker for not eating breakfast (especially with my current uni lifestyle where I can sleep in until midday and not eat tea until 10pm!) Just about to pop on that website, not heard of it before! Looks fab thanks :) xox

    ReplyDelete