Saturday 28 January 2012

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger :)


Hi everyone :)

So I have been on my placement now for 2 weeks, and I absolutely love it. It's so relaxed in some ways, yet not in so many other ways. I'm free to teach how I want to teach, and deal with the children how I feel right, but I have to still do session plans, all ready for Friday for the next week, and it's an awful lot of work. I'm in a Reception/Year 1 mixed class, so we have children between 4 and 6, and they're just a fantastic bunch. I mean they're challenging, really challenging, but that makes it so much more worthwhile.

If there's anything I've learnt from my first 2 weeks of placement, is that whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. There's been a couple of things that have tried to set me back in this placement, and I've just risen above them and dealt with them, instead of letting them make me break down.

OK so there have been some things I've let slip by on this placement (I'm no wonder woman!) and they are pretty important things really. I've not been the best with my diet, and I have done no exercise whatsoever, and I'm really disappointed in myself. My meals are fine, it's when I buy bits of chocolate and crisps to snack on :/

When I come home (I usually get back around 5.30 -6pm) all I want to do is get in to bed and do whatever work I have to do for the next day, then chill and watch TV. It's so nice to have time to myself, and to chill, but I'm determined to try and go on some walks this week. I know it's exercise, but I do find that when I go for a walk, with my music on, and the fresh air, just chills me out and I can have some me time. I'm definitely determined to do it at least 3 or 4 times this next week. Also I'm fighting to cut down on the snacks this week. It's OK to have a tiny treat a day, but in my case at the moment that consists of a chocolate bar and a bag of crisps, and that's NO GOOD.

Anyway, I thought I'd just share my thought's with everyone, and hope everyone is doing well :)
Lots of love,
Fat Girl
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment