Friday 16 September 2011

Fall Fashion No 2 - Going out for fall!


Hey everyone :)
So we all know Fall is stepping in to place (or at least we definitely do in the North-West of England, it absolutely poured it down while I was at work today!).
However, it is also a time where universities are starting, and there are a lot of Freshers nights outs going on! I figure I would do a  'Going out for fall' blog as 'tébé' requested :) Can I just say, I have absolutely fallen in love with Forever 21 + UK. First I didn't even know we had Forever 21 in the UK, then I found out they do a plus range and my heart practically stopped. I love this online store, and they seem to know how to dress a larger lady, rather than just making all their skinny stuff in bigger sizes, because, let's face it, no matter how big a body con dress size will go up to, it will never suit me or my body shape!!

My first outfit is a classic look that will suit any larger lady!
This dress is absolutely gorgeous from Forever 21, and I think it will suit pretty much any shape. It's a fab length, that even I would consider wearing it without tights, but with the colder months creeping in, I would probably add black tights, to boost my confidence also!
It's only £18.75, and the way the dress is designed is to make you look like you have curves, but also to break your body up, and create the image that you are slimmer than you are! This dress definitely may be a buy for me (I'm a poor student, so can very rarely afford to buy the things I dream about!).

I teamed it with this necklace, also from Forever 21:
I can't believe it's only £3.15! That's so crazy! I 'love' this necklace, and this it's a good necklace to wear on a night out or just to jazz up a more casual outfit! I think this compliments the dress ewll as the dress is plain in it's style, so this is something a bit fancy!

The shoes I absolute adore also, and definitely am thinking of buying! They're, again, from Forever 21 (trying to show you can make a good outfit all from one store!!!)
They're classic and black, but a gorgeous patent feel. I think these are ideal because they keep your feet warm, you don't have to worry about your tights looking silly in a peep toe, and they're a core staple for every girl! Absolutely class. And they're only £18.75. Wow.

The next outfit is going to be more of a fun outfit, and I'm going to start of with this dress (I'm such a dress girl! If you want more pants/tops or skirts/tops combinations just let me know! I just can't help choosing such adorable dresses!)


This is also from Forever 21, and it costs £19.75. I think the colour is absolutely gorgeous, and I love that it comes with a wrap for around the waist, as I definitely need this to give me some shape. Without the wrap it would make me look like a tent! You could ditch the wrap and team it with a bold, black belt to make a statement, or a thinner black, leather, plaited belt. I would wear this with a pair of black tights or leggins (as I am very insecure about my legs) and either the shoes from above, or these shoes:
These shoes, also from Forever 21, are £22.75, and I think they offer a cute yet bold accompaniment to the floaty and girly dress. 

Finally, I'm doing a dress in a style I have wanted for a long time... Lace. No-where has ever done it properly, but then ASOS Curve popped up and I found this beauty. It is £50, which is quite a spend, and it's not in my favourite colour, but it's something different rather than black, it's in trend with the lace, and it gives a gorgeous figures as it slips in at the waist and flows out over the belly/bum.
As you can see in the picture, they have teamed it with black tights and shoes very similar to those I posted about from Forever 21 (see I told you I was good at this ;) hehe) but just for ideas, I will post some different shoe ideas:
I found these heels also on the ASOS website, but it says they're from River Island and they cost £45. OK they would be slightly different and risky... but I quite like it!! And it definitely in-keeps with the mustard trend this season, so will be useful for other outfits too.
These are also from the ASOS website, and they cost £40. These are the most beautiful blue colour, and with the black tights, they will compliment the dress and really pop, keeping the focus on the colour. Also, a huge trend in next season is colour blocking, so this outfit keeps with this idea extremely well.

Anyway, that's it for this blog, I hope this ideas are fab enough for you as they were for me! Give me lots of comment and feedback, as it would be greatly appreciated, as posts like this really do take some time and if you're not enjoying them I could be doing something else exciting for you! Or if you really like them and want more of them :)

Hope you're all keeping well and warm,
Lots of Love,
Fat Girl
xox

Fall picture.

1 comment:

  1. Love the second dress. It's so beautiful, the colour is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete